Call for Articles: Stories of Disintegration

Threads for discussing Third Factor articles, in place of comments on the article pages. Join the conversation here!
Jessie
Site Admin

Call for Articles: Stories of Disintegration

Post by Jessie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Hey readers who might want to be writers!

I wanted to give you an update on what I'm looking for in Third Factor articles going forward. We've gotten some great articles in the works that define some of Dabrowski's terms, or otherwise approach the theory from a more academic angle (even if in the popular voice and for non-experts). And by all means, I hope more of you who are able will continue to write those articles; we definitely want and need them.

But there's another type of article that I'd like to encourage: stories of positive disintegration. These are the types of memoirs (or even fiction) that show what any given part of the theory means. Perhaps you had an experience that, looking back on it, played a key role in the emergence of your third factor. Perhaps you have a story that really reveals a given OE, or the blending of two (or five) of them, so that those without OE (or those who have it but don't know it) can see what life with OE is like. Perhaps you are actively in the process of chasing your personality ideal and could tell us about that. Perhaps subject-object in oneself is something you're working on -- and you have a story that shows why this concept is useful.

I would really love to encourage you to submit proposals for stories like this. You can also share tentative ideas here in the forum, or write to me (use the contact form at the main TF page) with a basic idea and I can help you tease out the story. Basically, if you're intrigued by TPD but don't feel up to writing a more technical article, this could be a great way to share your experience -- and help bring it to life for others. :)

Of course, let me know if you have questions!