What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Chat with other members about anything off-topic in other forums.
Jessie
Site Admin

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Post by Jessie » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:29 am

Taking a cue from the overexcitable, asynchronous Bobby Kennedy, I thought I'd start with a little ice cream ice breaker! So, to ask a question that was good enough for a US senator: what's your favorite flavor and why?

My favorite flavor is mint chocolate chip, though the butter pecan at the local ice cream shop, Guernsey Farms Dairy, in my hometown of Northville, Michigan is also superb.

Mint is just so crisp and cool and complements the coldness of the cream so well. The chocolate pairs with it perfectly!

Butter pecan is a warmer flavor, but I am one of those people who was into salted things before marketers discovered the power of salted caramel. Plus, Guernsey's butter pecan is award winning, so we got a bit spoiled with that.

(Please also feel free to start more serious topics here in the miscellaneous forum!)

Jessie
Site Admin

Re: What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Post by Jessie » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:47 pm

I just want to say that I for one am still honestly curious about your favored ice cream flavors.

(Sensory OE FTW!)

Roger

Re: What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Post by Roger » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:08 am

Vanilla. Especially the rich golden yellow variety. But then I developed an intolerance for cows milk. I actually prefer goats milk, everything cows milk is on its best day, goats milk is every day. Never tried goats milk ice cream though.

Did you ever fall in love with a food only for them to stop making it? I had that with old-style Sunny Delight. It was so rich and substantial you almost felt like you had to chew it. So bad for you but tasted so good. Then they took it off the market because it turned those kids orange. I was left high and dry for years until I discovered Yakult, which has a very similar flavour. Unfortunately it's cultured in cows milk so that couldn't last for long.

The story does have a happy ending though. One thing I found that pokes the same brain centres as ice cream and Sunny Delight, but even better, is a smoothie made from pears, powdered almond, egg white, and a small amount of water. I couldn't believe anything could taste that good.