Please introduce yourselves here!

New users, please introduce yourself here! Regulars, please welcome the newbies!
Jessie
Site Admin

Please introduce yourselves here!

Post by Jessie » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Welcome, everyone! In this subforum, we invite you to write up a little self-introduction, so that others in the community will know you as the human being you are, and not just as some screen name with no human context attached. Some things you might wish to include are tidbits about whatever brought you to Third Factor and/or the theory of positive disintegration, but really, it's up to you: share whatever is important to you, or what you think would be important for us to know.

I have a strong suspicion that if we all know a bit about each other, this will help reduce* the kind of nastiness that so much Internet discourse eventually is boiled down to these days. At least, that's how it used to work. Help me test this! 8-)

*I only said "reduce." On its own, it's not sufficient to prevent to prevent nastiness. So we'll have moderators! But I really think this will go a long way toward making the moderators' job easier.

Hielandgael

Re: Please introduce yourselves here!

Post by Hielandgael » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:28 pm

Hi All,

I'm originally from the Highlands of Scotland; currently resident in NZ.

So far, I have had a very interesting life, experiencing many things and situations; I sometimes think I should be 103, given the twists and turns my life path has led me.

I found myself here by accident, and hadn't heard of Dąbrowski beforehand. I'm looking forward to learning more, discussions, and getting to know everyone more.

Cheers
HG

Ibarcia

Post by Ibarcia » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi!

I think this space to introduce ourselves as members of the Forum is a great idea.

My name is Iván, I am from Spain and it has been 5 or 6 years since I discovered the theories of Dr. Dabrowski and profit from his vision of my psychological condition. I kept on searching and I ended up contacting Bill Tillier who helped me a lot by allowing me to access a part of the community that share the Dabrowski's ideas.

Recently I discovered this site which I think it can be a great idea as a meeting point for people that live the condition of the highly conscious (that is the way I prefer to call this type condition, you know what I mean...). Why I think that? Because I think that the main problem we face is to find a sense of belonging to a community of people that share our condition somehow. And that is the only thing that we cannot solve by ourselves alone.

If it is the interest of someone, I am 33 and working as a teacher of teenager students teaching Maths and Physics mainly. I am interested in Arts too of course and I like illustrating, playing the guitar and writing in that order :). Feel free to talk with me about any of these issues if you fee like.

Best Wishes to all.
Iván

Jessie
Site Admin

Post by Jessie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Hielandgael and Iván, welcome to you both!

HG, very cool that you stumbled across this place without having heard of Dabrowski beforehand! That's one of the goals Chris and I share for the site -- that more people discover his work.

And Iván, I really liked what you said about having a meeting point for all of us who are living with "the condition of the highly conscious." I think that's precisely it, and I would be really thrilled if this message board could provide such a meeting point, even if only virtual. (The Dabrowski Congresses are delightful as an opportunity to actually meet such people in person -- and we may have one in Europe, maybe, on the horizon...!)

Anyway, please make yourselves at home and I look forward to getting to know you!

loriandersen

Post by loriandersen » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi,
I'm Lori. I learned about TPD during my studies in gifted education in graduate school. I currently do research in science education at a large University.
I can relate to posts about not knowing what to do with one's life as far as occupation. I have changed occupation several times and just never seem to find "it".

I think Dabrowski's theory is fascinating and highly relevant. It likely explains my challenges fitting in because most folks just seem to not understand me, or will say I think too much. Maybe I will find some like minded folks here.

Jessie
Site Admin

Post by Jessie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:19 pm

Hello and welcome, Lori!

I'm delighted to hear that you're interested in stories about changing occupations. I have a few separate stories lined up on that subject and wondered if they'd be of interest to anyone. (One is an interview that won't be in this next issue, but the one after, most likely.)

I hope you do find some like-minded folks here!